Sunday, August 18, 2019

Contender's Edge Has Been An Active Blogsite Since The Beginning Of July, But Will Its Title Have To Be Changed Already?





Before officially publishing this blog, I checked trademark venues and copyright records to see if there was anyone with the exact same title as my blog.  There appeared to be none.  I even checked the search engines for any website, blogsite, business, organization, brand, or product called "Contender's Edge".

None with that specific title turned up and misleading search engine labels do not count.  I even checked those out and still did not find anything specifically with the same title as my blog.  After that, I began a currently pending copyright registration process for this blogsite with the federal copyright office, but it was not until very recently that another "contenders edge" appeared on the google search engine.

This contenders edge that I came across is a facebook page that does not have any activity on it yet Contender's Edge has attempted to contact whoever is responsible for creating that page to find out when they established it and what they are planning to do with it.  The only thing distinguishing the two titles is punctuation.  So far, no word has come from the person responsible for creating the page.  Contender's Edge will try again to contact them.

If it comes down to it, and I really do not relish having to do this, to avoid any possible legal trouble and to prevent confusion among readers, I am willing to change the blogsite title.  I have already been mulling through a series of options in case I must and Contender's Edge will be seeking counsel from both the Copyright Office and Trademark venues and what they say may determine what Contender's Edge does next.

I will continue giving updates concerning any further developments.  One way or another, this blogsite will continue to be active, but there is that possibility that if it comes down to it, it may have to operate under either a modified or completely different title.

No comments:

Post a Comment